- Cucumber, one large (or two small)
- 3/4 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup white refined sugar
- 1 or two leaves of fresh lemon verbena
- 1 or two leaves of fresh mint
- approximately 1 tablespoon of fresh dill.
- A pinch of By The Sea Salt
- 1/2 of a small white onion.
- 1/2 cup water
Here’s how you do it:
Cut cucumbers into thin slices. Cut onion into small slices and seperate. Set aside. Mix vinegar and sugar. Toss together the cucumbers and onion in a large bowl. Combine the vinegar, water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and pour over the cucumber and onions. Stir in dill, cover, & other herbs and refrigerate until cold. This can also be eaten at room temperature, but be sure to allow the cucumbers to marinate for at least 1 hour. Serve chilled, garnish with mint leafs. Tip; It gets better the longer it sits.